Pork Medallions with Rosemary and Mushrooms
This quick dish is easy but tastes impressive. If you don't have sherry on hand, you can substitute apple juice.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 8 crosswise pieces
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs onion, finely chopped
- 1-3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs sherry
- fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- fresh mushrooms, optional
- Press each pork tenderloin slice to 1-inch thickness. Heat margarine in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork quickly, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from heat. Place cooked pork slices on serving plate, reserving drippings. Keep warm. Add mushrooms, onion, rosemary, celery salt, pepper, and garlic to reserved drippings in skillet. Cook over low heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sherry; stir to blend. Return pork slices to skillet; spoon mushroom mixture over slices. Cover and simmer 3-4 minutes. Place pork slices and mushrooms mixture on serving plate. Garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and fresh mushrooms caps, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed snow peas and a rice pilaf.
Calories from Fat 62 (37%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2018 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2018.