Rooted in Eastern Tradition & Philosophy Backed by Modern Science
AHCC®, the clinically proven immune booster, utilizes an organic blend of medicinal mushrooms including Shitake, all grown in Japan.* AHCC® has been shown to significantly increase immune response* by promoting enhanced macrophage and T-cell activity* and maintaining peak Natural Killer (NK) cell function.* With published research demonstrating AHCC's ability to increase quality of life parameters for people with health challenges, it is no wonder over 700 hospitals and medical centers worldwide recommend AHCC® as part of an ongoing immune enhancement program.*
Call 1-800-860-9583 for a free AHCC® booklet or visit us online at pureprescriptions.com to learn more.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. AHCC® is a registered trademark of the Amino Up Chemical Company, Sapporo, Japan.
What is Pure Prescriptions AHCC®?
AHCC® is the acronym for “Active Hexose Correlated Compound.” This dietary supplement is a hot water extraction obtained from the mycelia of hybridized Shitake mushroom grown in a base of rice bran. There are many steps in the patented profess of manufacturing AHCC®, including cultivation, enzymatic decomposition, sterilization, concentration, and freeze-drying. Pure Prescriptions has added trace minerals, which are necessary for energy production, protein synthesis and enzyme systems required by the immune system.
Who discovered AHCC®?
Dr. Toshihiko Okamoto from the University of Tokyo developed AHCC® in collaboration with researchers from the Amino Up Chemical Co., Ltd. in 1989. AHCC® is rooted in the Japanese tradition of preserving and using the Shitake, Maitake and other precious mushrooms to maintain health and longevity. The modern fermentation profess breaks down the high molecular weight mushroom constitutes into a smaller molecule that the body can absorb and utilize more easily (1,5).
What are the physiological effects of AHCC?
Human clinical research suggests that AHCC® may have the following effects on the human immune system function:
- Increases NK (natural killer) cell activity (6,7)
- Increase cytokine (IL-2 and IL-12) production (7)
- Increase CD4 + helper cells (3,7)
Are NK cells important? You bet!
NK (natural killer) cells are the “sentinels” of the immune system. They are a specialized group of cells that play a critical role in immune surveillance, protecting the body from foreign invaders on first exposure.
Is AHCC® Safe?
The safety profile of AHCC® has been established in three ways:
1) Through historical knowledge of the mushroom in the product which have been used as food since ancient times (3)
2) Through observation of its use ion hundreds of thousands of patients in hospitals and in clinical trials. No side effects have been observed (4)
3) Animal studies show very low toxic potential in both acute dose and long-term studies (3)
Where is it manufactured?
AHCC® is produced at the Amino Up Chemical Corporation in Sapporo, Japan. It is manufactured under the superior HAACP-9000 quality control standards. All nutritional supplements in Japan are manufactured under the same guidelines as pharmaceutical drugs (2).
Are the ingredients organic?
The mushrooms used in Pure Prescriptions AHCC® are organically cultivated in Japan.
Can AHCC® be used with other medications?
Yes. Research conducted in Japan has established that AHCC® can be used in conjunction with prescription drugs (5).
Is this product suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, AHCC® is a completely vegetarian product. It is encapsulated in V-Caps® made from plant cellulose.
For the best results AHCC should be taken according to the following 2-step program, or as directed by your health care professional.
Step One-Take 6 capsules (3 grams) per day for a minimum of 2-4 weeks. This period can be extended to 3 months or longer if needed.
Step Two- Continued to take 2-6 capsules (1-3 grams) per day of AHCC to maintain immune system function.
• AHCC can be taken with meals or between meals.
• Each capsule contains 500mg of AHCC and 1000 mg is equivalent to 1 gram.
1) Kenner, D. AHCC® The Japanese Medicinal Mushroom Immune Enhancer. Pleasant Grove, UT: Woodland Publishing; 2001
2) Personal Communication with Quality of Life Labs.
4) Matsui, Y.,J. Uhara, S. Satoi et al. 2002. Journal of Hepatology. 37:78-86
5) AHCC Research Summeries. Rye, NY: AHCC®
6) Ghoneum, M. 1995. Int. J. Immunotherapy. XI (1):23-28
7) AHCC® Research Summeries